Flying Tuttys was founded in 2011 out of the festering corpse of Aionsource's chitchat subforum. We banded together for the first time in our history as a community to play the game Rift together. Although everyone rejected my dream of naming a guild OMG Klingons!, we quickly agreed to naming ourselves "Flying Tuttys", which rather than a reference to Aion is a nod to Aion Source's word filter for the word vagina’s.
Since then we have done two merges for better or worse as well as met a diverse cadre of strange and acerbic people who love to play MMO's. We've done epic battles ranging from small group to raid sized anti zerging. we've trolled server forums and gaming sites alike. spammed IRC, stayed up late in mumble getting shitfaced and dancing on Google hangouts. had epic karaoke duets for in game prizes, and made royal asses of ourselves to each other and the discernible public.
We're a mix of hardcore and casual who believe in come as you are hang your coat up and have a beer gaming. We love working together and trolling each other in the same turn and love chilling out having a good time with or without a game to play at the moment. Friendship is number one and winning at games is a close second. So come by, grab a seat and take a gander, we'll be here all night.
We have a few members which either make videos or stream on occasion.
- Pergona’s Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/pergona
- DK’s Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/hrinm
- Sundial’s Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MOS6851
Flying Tuttys is a rated R social PvX guild that primarily plays MMOs. We game at various paces and game time dedications and have varying interests when it comes to activities. The guild has a modest but solid core of members who login on a daily basis. The members of Flying Tuttys work create a smaller more personal guild environment that is easy going and fun to hang with.
- Drop in drop out play
- Team work
- An open door policy: you don’t have to leave the guild or mumble when you stop playing a game. You can come back any time you have time to play or just hang out.
- Foul language and bad jokes are the bread and butter of our culture.
Our day to day activities include:
- Helping each other out in our day to day activities such as crafting and leveling while kicking it having a good time in mumble.
- Group PvE content like dungeons and world bosses.
- Both formal and informal PvP events. We love to fight in the world, in battlegrounds and in general duelling it up honing our skills.
- Our culture is based around active use of mumble, even if just to listen, which is rated R for obscene humor and language. You can expect to tease and be teased, regardless of gender, sexuality, race, religion, nationality, fandom, hobby, game preferences, age or anything else. Guild leadership is here to manage things and run events and make sure members who enjoy the guild and what it’s about have a fun place to hang out and play games.
Non game activities include:
- Google hangouts
- Movie night MST3K style
- Facebook group and IRC chat
- Watching each others’ streams and videos
- Sharing hilarious stuff in general
- sundial - PvP Captain/Website Admin
- Member status is granted upon regular usage of mumble.
- Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Server: irc.quakenet.org
- Channel: #fuck-hats
- Address: mumble.flyingtuttys.com
- Port: 64738 (Default)
- Password: ask in game or email an admin.
- Mumble can be obtained from: http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page
- The executable for 1.2.8 or later should be used, not the 1.1 or legacy .exe
- There is no need to mess with sound levels in the wizard. Voice activation should also be ignored.
- Please use push to talk (PTT)
- Our mumble is hosted privately courtesy of Sundial, and administrated by DK, Novaru and Sundial.
#1 Rule of FT: Don’t be a bigger asshole than Novaru
#2 Rule: Don't dish it out if you can't take it.
#3 Rule: If deekay, nova, or sundial, or really any veteran member even hints to chill out, take the hint and chill out. This applies to officers as well as regular members.
Mumble is the voice chat of choice for FT. Players from other games are in there so don’t hog the Chillz channel with intense PvP/PvE talk. The Chillz channel is for chilling. See the Mumble Page for Mumble info.
This guild is R-rated, profanity and bad jokes are rampant.
Mumble is not a requirement for the guild, but bank access/other things are restricted to mumble users.
Please use push to talk in mumble or tune your microphone to not pickup ambiance like music, crying kids, angry girlfriends, breathing, chewing, and any unpleasant bodily functions.
We are not the type of guild that sets hard requirements like showing up on time or other obtrusive guild rules we all know from other games. If you compare this to a WoW or EQ guild, there is no DKP, no uptight leaders, no minimums, no real requirements.
Guild Management will try to avoid kicking people from guild or banning people from mumble and will take steps to attempt to remedy situations on a case by case basis.
In some cases we may ask someone to leave our roster or kick if necessary if they are not a good fit or are an ongoing cause of unnecessary friction in the guild. Super Officers will be the sole deciders of any guild kicks, however we may choose to consult members or officers as we see fit.
Mumble bans will be the end result of a progressive process.
- Warning (if possible given the circumstances)
- Temporary mute
- Kick from mumble
- 1-24hour ban
- Undetermined ban period per officer discretion
We do not wish to take any of those actions, and chances are if you are getting a temp mute it’s due to some accidental thing that’s overly disruptive to the current event. Either way no actions taken by mumble admins/mods should be taken as an insult. We will try to remedy the situation ASAP, but some may delay may occur if a weekly event is happening.
Bank Access permissions
Typically we have a couple different bank access levels in games we play:
- Open Access (For all members who come into mumble). Basic crafted things go here and are for all members to use
- Crafter – All inexpensive crafting materials for guild crafters to use go here
- GM/Officer – Everything expensive goes here and is used at GM/Officer discretion